Currently, the best and fastest way to use ObsidianOS use to build it from source. However, only Ubuntu and Debian are supported, so you need to have one of them (or you can use a virtual machine). If you have one of them, let’s install ObsidianOS! Please follow the steps below:
- Clone the ObsidianOS repository:
git clone https://gitlab.com/obsidian-os/obsidianos
- Install all needed packages and compile the OS:
- During the installation of Rustup (the Rust toolchain installer), you will be prompted to check if the options are good. Normally, you have just to choose
1) Proceed with installation (default)by typing 1.
- That’s all! You should see ObsidianOS!